Improve Nutrition and Support Healthy Joints with the Power of Apple Peels
• Apple peel powder derived from organic apples that are sourced from orchards located in America
• Dried apple peel powder goes through very gentle milling and low temperature processing
• Clinically shown to support joint health, reduce pain, and improve
range of motion
• Supports a wide variety of age related conditions including gastrointestinal health, inflammation response, blood pressure, and histamine activity
• High antioxidant content — due to naturally occurring health-promoting flavonoids — which helps protect cells against oxidative stress
• Great source of vitamins & minerals
Clinically Researched Benefits of Dried Apple Peel Powder:
• Provides antioxidant support
• Promotes joint comfort and mobility
• Improves range of motion
• Helps manage oxidative stress
• Keeps inflammation within a healthy range
• Helps maintain cell integrity, which promotes healthy aging
• Dried apple peels are rich in soluble fiber, which supports healthy blood glucose and cholesterol levels
• Supports a healthy digestive system and helps soothe stomach irritation
Clinical research shows that AppleActiv DAPP supports a wide variety of age-related conditions including joint health. A clinical pilot study involving healthy individuals experiencing moderate loss of joint range of motion and associated recurring pain was conducted by NIS Labs. The study indicated that daily consumption of Appleactiv DAPP improves range of motion and reduces pain. The study results showed statistically significant improvement in serum antioxidant protective status, which is likely linked to the anti-inflammatory effects of the polyphenols. An in vitro study also showed that consumption of Appleactiv DAPP protects our cells fromoxidative damage and inhibits both COX-2 and lipoxygenase, the enzymes that cause inflammation in our bodies. Therefore, clinical research validates Appleactiv DAPP as an effective ingredient for use in a variety of applications supporting joint health and comfort.
About Leahy Orchards
Leahy Orchards is a family-owned business and one of the largest producers of organic applesauce in North America. They have been harvesting the health benefits of apples for over three decades. After producing their delicious applesauce using the flesh of select quality apples, they are left with the apple peels, which are incredibly rich in polyphenols, antioxidants, and fiber. Instead of wasting the peels, they launched a functional food division that produces AppleActiv™ DAPP, a dried apple peel powder made for functional foods and dietary supplements. It’s an organic, natural, whole food ingredient with a rich polyphenol blend providing high levels of antioxidants, flavonoids, and other compounds that support healthy lifestyles. Producing both applesauce and Appleactiv DAPP allows for the use of the whole apple, preventing unnecessary waste for our planet while providing multiple health-support benefits to consumers.
The peel is the most nutritious part of the apple. As a matter of fact, apple peel has been shown to contain up to six times more polyphenols and flavonoids when compared to apple flesh. Apple peels contain a wide range of antioxidants, including anthocyanins, proanthocyanins and flavonoids.Antioxidants play an important role in neutralizing oxidative damage caused by free radicals, repairing and protecting the normal functioning of cells and tissues. A large group of antioxidants in AppleActiv DAPP are health-promoting flavonoids.Flavonoids provide numerous health benefits as they have been shown to inhibit the activity of the ACE enzyme, which helps support the body’s ability to maintain healthy blood pressure. Quercetin, another flavonoid in apple peels, supports healthy histamine activity and immunity. Apple peels contain a dozen active compounds referred to collectively as triterpenoids, including ursolic acid, which supports a healthy inflammation response in the body. Appleactiv DAPP also contains 15% pectinsoluble fiber, which is known to soak up toxins and can help digestion and improve bowel movements. Moreover, apple peels are a natural source of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium, Potassium,Phosphorus, Folate, and Iron. Due to all these properties, regular consumption of an organic apple peel supplement or Appleactiv DAPP, may protect the body against oxidative stress, promote healthy aging, and support gastrointestinal health.